Facebook ads can be a great way to attract targeted traffic to your offers. They provide many options for precise targeting based on criteria such as age, interests, location, income and more. At the same time, many businesses advertise on Facebook with disappointing results. There are many factors that determine the failure or success of your campaigns. However, the following are six of the most common reasons that prevent Facebook ads from bringing you the leads and sales you’re hoping for.
- Wrong Target Audience – As noted, one of the best features of Facebook ads is the way you can target your audience. Still, it’s up to you to identify the ideal audience for your offers. It’s important to do your research and make sure that you’re reaching out to the right people. Learning as much as you can about your customers helps you design the right ads to connect with them. Some ways to learn more about your customers include surveys, studying your competitors, and asking questions on your blog and social media sites. You also have to choose the right images and tone to match your audience’s preferences. This sometimes takes testing.
- Your Audience is Too Broad – You may have a good general idea of who your audience is while still targeting too broad a population. For example, if your niche is health and fitness you have millions of potential customers. However, people interested in these topics have many goals, some of them conflicting. Are they mainly interested in reaching their goals via exercise or diet? Is your primary audience bodybuilders who want to bulk up and build muscle or people who want to lose weight? Whatever your field, it’s important to narrow it down. Otherwise, you end up paying a lot for ads that aren’t precisely targeted.
- Your Ads Need Work – Sometimes the problem is with the ads themselves. Analyze your creatives, including the copy, images, layout, and all factors that affect results. You can often improve your results by testing different elements such as headlines, phrasing, colors, and different images. Start with Facebook’s own tools for testing your ads. Sometimes even minor tweaks can make a big difference to your results.
- Your Landing Page Isn’t Converting – Remember that ads are only half the equation when it comes to your results. The other half is your landing page and offer. For one thing, your landing page must match your ad. Make sure that you don’t promise or imply something in your ad that you don’t deliver when people reach your landing page. You also want your landing page to look professional and be easy to navigate. Redesigning your landing page often helps you to improve your conversions.
- Weak or Lack of a Call-to-Action – Your call-to-action (CTA) must be prominent and easy to understand. You want visitors to see your CTA on the page they land on from your ad. Don’t make the mistake of sending people to your website’s home or about page and expect people to search the site for your CTA. The CTA has to be very obvious, such as a buy button, opt-in form, phone number to call, or whatever action you’re seeking. Remember that people are busy and have short attention spans so you need to lead them exactly where you want them to go.
- Your Offer Isn’t Appealing – Another reason that ads aren’t effective is that your offer isn’t sufficiently enticing. Your ad may get people to click on your link and visit your website or sales page but then you also need an offer that converts well. If you’re selling a product, make sure you emphasize the benefits. If you have an offer such as getting people to try a sample or opting-in to your mailing list, give them a good reason to do so such as a free gift or valuable information.
Facebook ads can definitely help you reach a wider audience and grow your business. However, you have to do your part and make sure that your ads, landing pages, and offers are appealing and that you’re connecting with the right audience.
Legonix Digital helps you design Facebook advertising campaigns that bring you more customers. For more information, contact us.